Thursday, June 6, 2013

Whew! What a year!

Hello again! I apologize for my absence! I hope you missed me as much as I missed you. I promise, I have good reasons for being gone. Wanna hear? Of course you do!

Well, first...we moved a couple of hours to the west. Pros: MUCH closer to the beach (yippee!), closer to one set of the peeps grand parents, smaller town living, potential to help grow a more birth-aware community. Cons: smaller town living, less of a "birthy" community.

Second: we renovated (are renovating!) the house we bought. Carpet out, walls out, painting done, flooring in, plants in the ground, fencing up, garden in, exterior painted... Good thing that hubby is handy!

Third: we were growing a baby (ok, I was growing the baby!) and she was born in August. She's been a joy for the whole family.

Fourth: we (again, I!) am growing another, final baby...(s)he will arrive in September. Yes, the doula and childbirth educator knows that 2 year spacing is optimal. However, I also support families/women deciding what is best for themselves. For us/me, I am getting up there in years and didn't want to put off another baby for 2 years. So far, it's been good!

Fifth: I've developed a childbirth class that is available as an online, customized class!

Sixth: I spent sometime as a midwives assistant. It was very educational and I'm glad I did it. I wish that when a teen decides on a career, that shadowing/assisting in their chosen field was more of an option. It really gives you a feel for what the job is all about.

Whew! What have you been up to? :)



No comments:

Post a Comment